Friday 28 September 2018

The Last Ten Books Tag

I saw this tag on Hardback Hoarder's channel over on Youtube (which can be found here) and I thought it looked like a fun tag to do. The original creator was Marc Nash for anyone who wants to check them out. Without further ado here are the questions!

1. The last book you didn't finish?

I rarely, if ever, DNF books so this one is a tough one. It's definitely one of the books from when I was at university and didn't have time to finish it before the next book was due to be read. It was probably The Echo Maker by Richard Powers which I still really want to finish it so I'll have to try and pick it up soon! It's an Adult Fiction book about a man who wakes up after an accident and believes his sister is actually an imposter who has taken her place.


2. The last book you re-read?


Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I'm doing a full re-read of the series right now in anticipation for Kingdom of Ash next month! Yes, I know this series is problematic but I do still really enjoy the story. Currently re-reading Empire of Storms and then I'll finally read Tower of Dawn (although I'm looking forward to that one the least as I really hate Chaol in Queen of Shadows).


3. The last book you bought?

I actually bought 3 books the other day because there was a clearance sale at a local shop!:
1. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff - The second book in the Nevernight trilogy. I'm reading this one right now as I adored Nevernight!
2. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green - I was waiting for the paperback of this book to come out and I'm really looking forward to reading this. I know it's about anxiety and thought spirals, both of which I've suffered from in the past so it'll be good to see some representation of that!
3. 172 hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad - I've been wanting this book for years but just hadn't seen it anywhere, so when I saw it for £3 I had to buy it!

4. The last book you said you read but didn't?

Again, this is probably something from university where I didn't get time to read something before the lecture or seminar. I think it was probably Caleb Williams by William Godwin which I definitely started but I can't remember if I finished it!

5. The last book you wrote in the margins of?

The only time I've written in books is for university when I was making notes for essays/discussions and I wrote in pencil. Any book I've kept from university still has all the pencil markings in which is interesting to look back on. I think the last one was probably We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (one of my favourite books of all times). I'm actually kind of glad my notes are still in there to look at as I re-read it!

6. The last book you had signed?

I think this was All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I've since given the book away though because the way it portrayed mental health really didn't appeal to me, although I know it's helped a lot of other people.

7. The last book you lost?

I am so careful with where all my books are that I don't think I've personally lost one! I have a spreadsheet with all my read and unread books on it so it's easy to keep track of them all (yes, I am an absolute nerd when it comes to my books). I've probably lent a book to someone that never got returned, but I honestly couldn't tell you what it was because it was so long ago.

8. The last book you had to replace?

The last one I had to replace was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because my hardback edition was so well-loved and well read that it completely fell apart after 15 years of going strong. I ended up buying a paperback edition that's hopefully less likely to fall apart after multiple reads.

9. The last book you had an argument over?

Not a clue. I don't think I've ever really had an argument over a book. I don't know anyone in real life who is quite as passionate about books as I am (and the people that are usually have similar taste to me!).

10. The last book you couldn't get hold of?

There are so many books that I see people in other countries have but I'm yet to find, even online. I think the most recent was the paperback edition of The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang. I absolutely adore that book and I need a physical copy of my own! Grim dark fantasy has become a new favourite of mine.

And that's the Last Ten Books Tag! Let me know what you think of my answers and if you've done this tag then feel free to link it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment