Tuesday 4 July 2023

July Reading & Life Plans

As I mentioned in my June Wrap-Up, I've decided not to do a set TBR this month since a few things have come up in my life that have meant I've deprioritised reading a little bit - not a lot - but enough that I don't want to set huge goals.

July is going to be a busy month for me with my job, not only because of upcoming deadlines, but also because I'm going to be travelling for conference this month too. I'm also trying to prioritise my mental health more, which means picking up books that aren't necessarily obligations and taking my time with the longer books.

That being said, there are definitely a couple of books I'd like to read this month:

1. The Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons

I started this in June and am about 100 pages in, so I'd like to finish it this month as I am really enjoying it. I've had to put it down a couple of times because I needed lighter reads after more stressful days at work, but I'm hoping to get back to it asap.

2. Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao. 

I know I just said no obligation reads, but this is the work book club pick for the month and I would really like to get to it if I can before they meet towards the end of the month.

Other than that, I'm basically picking up whatever I feel like this month! Right now, I'm leaning towards thrillers, non-fiction, and just having a longer fantasy as a background read until I pick up the pace again. I apologise for the shorter post this month, but I'll be back on my usual TBR next month ready for the Magical Readathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment