Thursday 9 July 2015

Top Five Wednesday | Things on Your Bookshelf that Aren't Books




So I missed last week's Top Five Wednesday because I was quite with meeting people and work, but I'm back now! (Although this is another busy week for me because I commute to work and there is a simultaneous tube and train strike this week!). Anyway, this week's Top Five Wednesday is Top Five Things on your Bookshelf that Aren't Books. Just in case anyone is new to this. Top Five Wednesday is an idea created by Lainey, or Gingerreadslainey on youtube. She creates weekly topics so that bloggers and youtubers can talk more about different aspects of their favourite, or least favourite, books. The group, which lists the monthly topics, can be found here! If you want to see any of my previous Top Five Wednesday blog posts you can click here!

Sadly, because the place I live in is so small, I currently only have one bookshelf up as opposed to my usual five, but I have still managed to squeeze a few things on that aren't books!

5. The Penguin



My fiancé used to go to the university of Derby and before he left he gave me this 'stress penguin'. Now that we live together it has a pride of place on my bookshelf to protect the books.








4. Bands (no not actual musicians)



A DFTBA and a Doctor Who band, and why not? I don't think these need much explanation other than I'm a Nerdfighter who loves Doctor Who!




3. The Snake
My fiancĂ© very kindly bought me this snake made from glass from the Lucky Duck Shop in Whitby. If you've not heard of it (because it's quite famous in the North East) they hand-make (blow) glass animals; they're particularly famous for their lucky ducks, and they are beautiful! I already have a duck so Liam bought me this very pretty snake.

2. Consoles
Because there's limited room in our studio, the top of my bookshelf also acts as a shelf for my gaming consoles. This also means I have all favourites things to do in one place (gaming and reading)!

1. Jewellery

I tend to keep my jewellery on my bookshelf as well because I always walk past it before I leave the house, so I remember to pick up my necklace and ring!



And those are my Top Five Things on my Bookshelf that Aren't Books! They're not particularly interesting and when I had more bookcases I had a few other interesting things on my shelves that I'll probably share in the future. So what are your favourite non-bookish things on your shelves? Let me know in the comments and let me know if you did a Top Five Wednesday post or video below! :)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't have time do do T5W this week but it's been fun seeing everyone's non-bookish items. So sweet that a couple of yours came from your fiance. :) And I love that a penguin is protecting your books. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really interesting to see everyone else's posts! Haha, I always try to keep him near a Penguin Published book just so it feels at home!

      Delete