Wednesday 15 August 2018

Top Five Wednesday | Books You Want to Read Before the End of 2018


This week's Top Five Wednesday is a 'Freebie', which means we can pick any archived topic from Top Five Wednesday to talk about. I've decided to go with the Top Five Books I Want to Read Before the End of the Year. As always, my TBR pile is huge (which is how I like it), but that means I need to prioritise those books I've been meaning to get to this year and haven't got around to yet. So, here are the five books I need to get to the most!

1. And I Darken Trilogy by Kiersten White
I finally have all three books in this trilogy and I've been really excited to get to this ever since I heard what I was about. A female Vlad the Impaler? Yes please.

2. Three Dark Crowns Trilogy by Kendare Blake
This is another one where I heard the synopsis and immediately bought the first book. It seems to be full of tropes that I almost always auto-buy: elemental magic; trials; interesting sibling relationships. The final book comes out this September so once I have that I plan on binge reading this trilogy.

3. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
Yes, I know. I can't believe I've not read this yet either. I bought this not long after it came out but when I didn't read it straight away, I decided to wait and re-read the whole series before the 7th and final book comes out in October (so excited!!). So I plan on re-reading them all soon and finally getting around to Tower of Dawn.

4. The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
Embarrassingly, this has been on a few TBR's on my blog and I've still not read it. I just keep getting distracted with other books (ahh first world problems). But, I at least want to read the first book in the series this year even if I don't continue them immediately.

5. Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
This book has only been on my TBR for a couple of months but, after hearing so many brilliant reviews of this grim-dark fantasy, I need to get to it soon. Nun-Assassins with strong female friendships has me so interested in this series.


So, those are my top five! Let me know what your Top Five are below, or if you have a blog post then link it. Just in case anyone is new to this, Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey (Gingerreadslainey on YouTube) and is now run my Sam (ThoughtsonTomes on Youtube), so that people can share more of their favourite (or sometimes least favourite) books in an interesting way. Sam creates weekly topics for each month so Bloggers and YouTubers alike to discuss books. The group which lists the monthly topics can be found here. And if you want to see more of my previous Top Five Wednesday Blog posts, you can click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment