Wednesday 17 February 2016

Top Five Wednesday | Best Suggested Books I Loved


This week's Top Five Wednesday is best suggested books you loved (books recommended to you). I really like this topic - it showed me just how many great books have been recommended to me and who I should be grateful to. So these are my top five:

1. Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi
I've talked about this book a lot on here so I won't go into too much detail. My sister recommended this to me last year and it was easily my favourite book of the year. A very fascinating true crime book on the Manson murders. If you want to see more of my thoughts you can click here!

2. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
This is another fantastic book, recommended to me by both my sister and my colleagues at work. It's full of mystery, suspense, and is so vividly described I could picture every soon. Such a fantastic book and you can read more of my thoughts here if you want to!

3. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
This was recommended to me by one of my old university housemates. She insisted I should read this to take a break from my dissertation and I'm so glad I did. I had never read a Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman book before this but it's got me constantly wanting to read more by them now. This book was hilarious yet full of action. It takes a lot for me to laugh out loud while reading but this book managed to make me. It takes a serious and rather scary idea and flips it on its head. I highly recommend you read the blurb of this book to see if it's your kind of thing because it's great.

4. The Initiate by Louise Cooper
Another great recommendation from my sister. This is a trilogy that I know not many people have heard of but I recommend them to any fantasy lover. The trilogy follows the life of Tarod, someone who had the power and manner to become a great hero, but other people's fear turn him into someone different. He is one of the most complex characters I have ever read and these books are beautifully written. They're not too long and I highly recommend them.

5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My friend, Hollie, lent this book to me a few years ago and I couldn't be more grateful to her for this. I'm sure most of you will already know about this trilogy so I won't go on about it too much. The books are so full of suspense and deep mystery that it keeps you hooked from the very start, and the strange black and white pictures which are shown throughout only intrigue the reader to read more. It's quite creepy and a very enjoyable story

Those are my Top Five Best Suggested Books I Loved! Let me know what yours are below and if you did a Top Five Wednesday then feel free to link it so I can check it out!

Just in case anyone is new to this, Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey (Gingerreadslainey on YouTube), so that people can share more of their favourite (or sometimes least favourite) books in an interesting way. She creates weekly topics for each month so Bloggers and YouTubers alike to discuss books. The group which lists the monthly topics can be found here! And if you want to see more of my previous Top Five Wednesday Blog posts, you can click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment