Monday 10 July 2017

2017 Booktube-a-thon Challenges and TBR!

This year I'm going to take part in the Booktube-a-thon properly for the first time in three years! In case any of you haven't heard of this event I'll explain a bit about it before I continue. The event was created by Ariel Bissett and the Youtube channel where she explains in more detail can be found if you click here. There is also a twitter page to follow called @BookTubeAThon which you can follow for updates and also reading sprints! The event runs for 7 days in July: 24th July - 30th July starting and ending at midnight wherever you live. There are also challenges to take part in during the event, but these are entirely optional.

I'm very excited to take part again this year so, without further ado, here is my TBR!:
1. Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
2. Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
3. Saga Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
4. Saga Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
5. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
6. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
7. If I have time I will choose another book for the read-a-thon for this slot!

I just realised I seem to be planning a very sci-fi week, but I thought these books would be the most realistic goals as they're quick and easy to read.

And below are the 2017 reading challenges and which books will complete them:


1. Read a book with a person on the cover.
Saga, Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

2. Read a hyped book.
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

3. Finish a book in one day.
Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

4. Read about a character that is very different from you.
Again, the characters in Saga are very different  from me in many respects: race, gender, sexuality, etc.

5. Finish a book completely outdoors.
I definitely think that Saga Volume 3 can be completed outdoors.

6. Read a book you bought because of the cover.
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. These books are very pretty.

7. Read seven books.
I'm not sure if I'll manage to complete this one but I've picked some realistic goals this time, so hopefully I will! I'll choose a book on the day if I manage to complete the above.



I definitely don't expect to complete all of these books and challenges as I will be working nearly every day, but I will definitely be trying. Fingers crossed! Let me know if you'll be participating this year and what books you'll be reading! Feel free to leave links to your blog posts/videos below!

No comments:

Post a Comment