Sunday 30 July 2017

Booktube-a-thon 2017 | Wrap-Up!

WRAP-UP

Today marked the final day of the Booktube-a-Thon! The seven day read-a-thon is once again at an end, and it flew by. I managed to read all 7 books this year, as well as completing all of the challenges! (Although I may have cheated on one challenge slightly with an idea a booktuber gave me). Without further ado, here are all the books I read during the booktube-a-thon.

Read Books:
1. Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (608 pages)
2. Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (160 pages)
3. Saga, Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (144 pages)
4. Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (144 pages)
5. Saga, Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (152 pages)
6. Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (608 pages)
7. One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (360 pages)

Read but not completed:
1. In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park (140 pages)
2. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (29 pages)

Overall Page Count for the Week: 2345 pages

And the Challenges I completed:

1. Read a book with a person on the cover.
Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

2. Read a hyped book.
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

3. Finish a book in one day.
One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus

4. Read about a character that is very different from you.
Saga, Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

5. Finish a book completely outdoors.
Saga, Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (I finished it outside. That counts right?)

6. Read a book you bought because of the cover.
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

7. Read seven books.
Huzzah! I finally completed the read 7 books in 7 days challenge! This is the first time I've managed to complete all of the challenges during Booktube-a-thon!

So, overall I read 7 books and completed all of the challenges. I also managed to start 2 other books as well! I'm very proud of this and really happy with how the week went. I was working Monday-Friday (and was off sick on Wednesday and couldn't really read), so I think it went while in spite of that! Please let me know below how your Booktube-a-thon went and if you completed the challenges in the comments. Also, if you've written a blog post/have a YouTube channel then feel free to comment and leave a link below!

In case any of you haven't heard of this event, it was was created by Ariel Bissett and the Youtube channel where she explains in more detail can be found if you click hereThere is also a twitter page to follow called @BookTubeAThon which you can follow for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment