Tuesday 3 January 2023

My Reading Goals | 2023

And so we've hit 2023 and it's that time of year where we get everyone's wrap-up and goals posts and videos, and I love it; it's definitely some of my favourite content to both write and read. And today I'm going to talk about my goals for this year. I don't have too many huge goals, but I'm still excited for this coming year and the goals I have here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Read at least 150 books. 
Realistically, my goal is more like 180 books, but I prefer to say 150 in case any unexpected issues with work or life come up throughout the year (which, let's face it, something always does!). For the past 4-5 years I haven't read under 150 books so it feels very doable. I do want to read more chunky books this year, but I still think I'll be able to do this.

2. Read, finish, and catch up on more chunky fantasy series.
Now, the series don't have to be chunky, but there are definitely a lot of big fantasy series I desperately want to get to this year. If you don't know already, adult fantasy is my favourite genre, so I always want to find more that I love. As part of this goal, I wrote a blog post of the the 10 series I need to finish this year that includes some of the high priority fantasies on my list: Ten Series I Need to Finish in 2023

3. Read or unhaul the books on my Self-Destruct List.
Similar to above, I wrote a blog post about the Books on my 2023 Self-Destruct list. These are basically 10 books that have been on my TBR for a long time and I never really gravitate towards them so this is to force me to either finally pick them up or unhaul them.

4. Remain consistent with my blog and bookstagram.
I was fairly consistent last year, but I want to continue that in the coming year. If you're interested in my instagram, it's here.

5. Read all my books that I've owned for over 3 years.
For the past two years, I've been getting through my backlist books that I've owned for a long time. At one point I had books from 10 years ago. Thankfully, I now only have books that I acquired between 2019 and now. I have 29 books left from 2019 so I would like to try and prioritise those books so that next year the oldest books on my TBR will be from 2020 at the earliest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, those are my main reading goals for 2023! Nothing too daunting and feel free to check out the more specific goals posts I've mentioned above. Let me know what your goals are for this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment