Tuesday 19 January 2016

2015 Reading Review!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've decided to do my 2015 Year in Reading Review! This survey was created by The Perpetual Page-Turner, who has an amazing blog. I left out one part of the survey, so if you want to see the full thing you can click here!
reading-stats-2015-1024x278
Number of Books you Read: 149
Number of Re-reads: 15
Genre you Read the Most From: Young Adult

best-YA-books-2014
 
1. Best Book you Read in 2015?
Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi

2. Book you were Excited About & Thought you were Going to Love More but Didn't?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

3. Most Surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read?
Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (Definitely in a good way!)
 

4. Book you "pushed" the most people to read (and they did?)
I don't think I really "pushed" any book!
 

5. Best Series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins.

6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2015?
There's too many! But Probably Scott Westerfeld or Marissa Meyer.

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
It's Not Me, It's You by Mhairi Mcfarlane

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

9. Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Princess Bride by William Goldman

11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Celaena Sardothien

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Maus by Art Spiegelman

13. Most thought-provoking/Life-changing book of 2015?
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith

15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2015?
I'm afraid I can't think of any right now - I read too many books to be able to remember a specific passage off the top of my head!

16. Shortest and Longest Book you read in 2015?
The Queen's Army by Marissa Meyer and 11.22.63 by Stephen King

17. A Book that shocked you the most?
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
 
18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!)
Baz and Simon
 
19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year?
Celaena and Dorian
 
20. Favourite book you read in 2015 from an author you've read previously?
11.22.63 by Stephen King
 
21. Best Book you read in 2015 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure?
Room by Emma Donoghue
 
22. Best 2015 debut you read?
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
 
23. Best world building/most vivid setting you read this year?
Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
 
24. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most FUN to read?
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell
 
25. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2015?
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
 
26. Hidden Gem of the year?
Finding Jennifer Jones by Anne Cassidy
 
27. Book that crushed your soul?
A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
 
28. Most unique book you read in 2015?
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
 
29. Book that made you the most mad (but doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)?
The Rain by Virginia Bergin (And I didn't like it)
looking-ahead-books-2015
1. One book you didn't get to in 2015 but will be your Number 1 priority in 2016?
The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2016 (non-debut)
Heartless by Marissa Meyer

3. 2016 Debut you are most anticipating
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig

4. Series Ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2016
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2016?
Blog more in general and read as much as possible (hopefully more than last year!)

6. A 2016 release you've already read and recommend to everyone:
I haven't read any 2016 releases yet so I will recommend some as soon as I have!


I hope you enjoyed this survey! Let me know about how your 2015 went in terms of reading, and let me know below if you've done this survey too! Feel free to link it for me to read if you have!

 

2 comments:

  1. Better late than never, right? (Although I don't know why I'm saying "late"... I'm a firm believer in No Rules. lol) Interesting that your favorite book last year was Helter Skelter. I read that MANY years ago and it made such an impact on me. I don't think I slept well for weeks after that. Even now I still find the whole thing, and all the participants, so unsettling. I so agree on A Court of Mist and Fury... cannot wait for that one!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly how I felt about Helter Skelter! It's probably the book that had the most impact on me this year and it really stuck with me. I've never read anything quite like it before.

      Yes, I'm very excited for A Court of Mist and Fury, I love Sarah J. Maas's books!

      Delete