Thursday 15 January 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Anticipated 2015 Releases

Okay, so this Top Five Wednesday is actually last week's (7th January) but as I missed it, I thought I'd post it now! This week is the Top Five Most Anticipate 2015 Releases and I have a few I'm definitely looking forward to.

1) The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon

First up is The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon which is the sequel to The Bone Season. The first book is an adult urban fantasy novel. I recently received the first book as a present and I already can't wait for the second. It's current release date is the 27th January and I'm highly anticipating this book. I can't wait for it to come out this month!







2) Winter by Marissa Meyer

Winter is due to be released some time this year, but doesn't have an exact publication date yet. It's the fourth and (I believe?) final book in the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Her series are several overlapping, futuristic, re-tellings of traditional fairytales. The first book, Cinder, tells the story of Cinderella in a futuristic 'New Beijing'. If you're interested in fairytales or science fiction then I'd highly recommend these books! 









3) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I absolutely love Sarah J, Maas, after having read her high fantasy books, the Throne of Glass series, and I'm eager to read more by her. This is a fairytale re-telling of Beauty and the Beast and I believe it includes faeries and the fay in this book. It sounds really unique and interesting and I love re-tellings of fairytales so i'm very excited for this book! It's due to come out on May 5th 2015.









4) Before the Dawn by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue


















This book is the fourth book in the Ending Series by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue, which is due to be released in late 2015. I've recently read the first three books and I really enjoyed them. I'm desperate to know what happens next and I can't wait to continue the series. The first book is called After the Ending, which I wrote a review for. Click here if you'd like to read my review! It's a dystopian series with an interesting twist.


5) Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas





















This book is the first one without a title so far, and it's the fourth book in Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass series. It is due to be released in Fall 2015 and it's the book I'm most excited for this year. It's an incredible high fantasy series with strong characters and beautiful writing. The first novel revolves around a female assassin who is liberated from prison by the Prince, in order to participate in a tournament for her freedom ... or her life. The third book was the best I'd read so far and it made it into my top books for 2014, which you can see here. I recommend for anyone who's not read this series yet to pick it up before the next book is released!


 I hope you enjoyed my Top Five Anticipated 2015 Releases and the next Top Five blog post will be next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment