Wednesday 14 January 2015

Top Five Wednesday: Series You Want to Start This Year

I've decided to start doing 'Top Five Wednesday' on this blog. If you've not heard of this before, it's an idea created by Lainey or gingerreadslainey, as she's known on Youtube. I've linked her Youtube channel if you click on her name above so you can check out her channel for more details. Basically, she creates new topics for booklovers, each month, for people to blog or make videos about once a week. Unfortunately I missed last week's topic, but I might make an extra blog post for that one at some point. 

But anyway, this week's topic is 'Series You Want to Start This Year', so let's get started!

First up is:

1) The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness
This trilogy consists of The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, and Monsters of Men. I don't know a lot about this trilogy other than I've heard brilliant things about it. I do know it's a Young Adult Science-Fiction trilogy and the covers are just so beautiful! I also recently read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and I loved it so I'm looking forward to reading even more of his books. I bought this trilogy not too long ago from TheBookPeople*. So I'm looking forward to finally getting around to this trilogy! 

*for £6.99! A bargain for three books if you ask me!) The Book People is a British online book retailer and their books are always brand new and incredibly cheap, even the hardbacks! So I'd definitely recommend them. I'm not being paid to advertise them, I just think more people should know about them.)


2) Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi

This science fiction trilogy consists of Under the Never Sky, Through the Ever Night, and Into the Still Blue. I recently acquired all three from The Works and I'm really hoping to reading them this year since I have the whole set! I've heard wonderful things about them and I'm hoping they'll live up to the hype they've been given.


3) The Gone Series by Michael Grant

Unfortunately, I'm still one book short of owning the whole series but I'll hopefully be able to get the last one at some point so I can just marathon the whole series. The books this includes is: Gone, Hunger, Liers, Plague, Fear, and Light. I've been really intrigued by this series for a while as the premise sounds so interesting. It's a dystopian series set in a fictional town in America where every person over the age of 15 disappears. I've been looking forward to this series for a while but I am slightly intimidated by the length of the series and books as it'll take a lot of commitment to go through them. I do worry that it might drag on for too long but I won't know until I start reading!


4) Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld
This is another dystopian series containing Uglies, Pretties, Specials, and an extra novel of novellas (I believe?) called Extras. This is one of the original dystopians that came out several years ago before they became incredbily popular in Young Adult fiction, so I would love to read one of the forerunners of modern Young Adult Dystopian fiction, to see where other authors got their inspiration and to see how it all started!


5) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein

Finally I'd like to re-read The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King. I first read these books when I was nine but I haven't read them in about five years now and I think it's about time I gave them another read. I absolutely love these books and since I recently saw the final Hobbit film (which differs immensely to the book!), it has inspired me to pick up these amazing books once again. I may even try to get around to reading The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkein too!





I have to say that the Mara Dyer Trilogy would have also been on this list, had I not already read it this year! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my Top Five Wednesday blog post, and I'll be posting my next Top Five blog post, next Wednesday, so look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment